Toronto And Gta!
Free Inspection & Estimate!
25 Years NO LEAKS Guaranteed!
Licenced & Insured!
We Seal It Tight! And Do It Right!
Sewer and Drain Repair
Request a Free Estimate
We offer the following basement waterproofing solutions
in Toronto and GTA
At DrainCom we have repaired or waterproofed more than 20 000 GTA homes over the past twenty years. More than 300 000 linear feet of basement walls had been waterproofed. A combined 600 000 feet of membrane and weeping tile pipe has been installed. Our high quality of work and extensive knowledge in basement sealing makes DrainCom stand among the best basement waterproofing companies in Toronto and GTA.
DrainCom has extensive Basement Waterproofing service experience, which means we understand construction materials used in Toronto and GTA, the unique weather we face and last but not least, the soil properties of the area surrounding your home. These are very important factors that each must be evaluated as any waterproofing methodology needs to fully take into account the body of science pertaining to hydro-static pressure, drain laying practices, building construction techniques, etc. as well as positively identified problem(s) that a homeowner is facing.
Identify your Waterproofing Basement Problems
1. Over the top of foundation wall.
2. Sewer or water supply pipe.
3. Basement window.
4. Tie rod.
5.Vertical foundation crack.
6. Clogged weeping tile pipe.
7. Floor and wall joint.
8. Floor drain.
9. Sump pump lid.
10. Floor cracks.
11. Water pipe conduit.
12. Mortar joint.
As your local foundation waterproofing company, we aim to provide professional and dependable services to homeowners and business houses at a competitive rate, focusing on ensuring doing the repairs we feel are required and just as importantly avoiding the unnecessary. With our personal touch and local connection to your community, we’ll keep your property clean with our simple and effective basement waterproofing Toronto solutions.
There are two basic processes to Basement Waterproofing:
Exterior Basement Waterproofing Contractors in Toronto
Waterproofing foundation walls from the outside is a good solution to protect the house foundation from leaks. To do this the foundation wall has to be excavated all the way down to the footing, then it needs to be cleaned and inspected for cracks. Than we fix the cracks with hydraulic cement, apply foundation sealer, install waterproofing membrane and weeping tiles.
The advantage of basement waterproofing done from the outside is that it does protect the walls from contact with water or moisture. When performing exterior waterproofing we get excess to the foundation drain and we do replace it. It is a good time to check the connection of the weeping tile to the drain or sump to make sure it is working properly.
Interior Basement Waterproofing Services Toronto
Waterproofing basement walls from inside is the best waterproofing solution when: there is excessive moisture in the soil especially under basement concrete slab, or when the basement is very deep, or when the neighbour’s property is located very nearby. To perform foundation waterproofing from the inside, the basement wall has to be exposed, and the floor excavated along the foundation walls for new weeping tile pipe to be installed. We use Delta MS drainage membrane to direct water to new filtered plastic weeping tile pipe. The advantage of internal waterproofing is that it is not only protecting the basement from water coming through the foundation wall, but also from collecting the ground water from under the concrete slab.
The main factors to consider when choosing between internal or external waterproofing is the nature of the leak, accessibility of the work area, and the depth of the basement. It is always very important to check the weeping tile pipe connections to the storm drain and sump pumps in order to prevent basement floods and foundation leaks. We strongly recommend the installation of an emergency battery backup system and sump pump alarm.
DrainCom has served Toronto for over 20 years now, and our experts are able to advise you on the best options for basement waterproofing your home!
How much does Basement Waterproofing Cost Toronto & GTA ?
we will make that assessment with guaranteed estimate to fit your budget!
Quick answer: you’d be typically looking at $80-$400 per linear foot (see table below for residential). Yes, this is a pretty large range difference, however there are many aspects that can affect your cost. One must first distinguish between external basement waterproofing jobs from internal waterproofing solutions…due to the differences in process and therefore price. Soil condition end depths are very important factors that may keep costs high. Some parts of city of Toronto and GTA have sandy soils, other parts hard clay with large rocks, making it difficult to excavate using a backhoe. To get understanding of how the price is calculated, we should review and remind ourselves what a basement waterproofing job entails and what it involves.
|Type of Job||Avg.Price Min||Avg.Price Max|
Per Linear Foot
Per Linear Foot
Per Linear Foot
Per Linear Foot
|Foundation Crack Repair||$1600
Up to 4 feet wide up to 5 feet deep
Up to 5 feet wide and 9 feet deep
|Window well repair(regular)||$1800
Up to 48”wide, up to 4 feet deep
Up to 60” wide 9 feet deep
|Type of Job/Avg.Price||Min||Max|
|Sump pump & tank||$2100||$2700|
|Sump pump only||$600||$900|
|+ battery back-up pump||+$900||+$1200|
|Back Water Valve installed inside||$2100||$2700|
|Back Water Valve installed outside||$2400||$3200|
We will take care of all your wet basement repairs need!
By offering Free Inspection of your property for any drainage and related issues, including Free Camera Inspection of the weeping tile pipes and drain systems. We use the latest, technologically advanced equipment to determine your problem areas. Draincom’s technicians will examine your home, determine the source of the leak, and devise a solution that will effectively address the problem. Our basement leak repair and waterproofing repair will not only protect your health, it will protect the integrity of your home’s foundation, as well as its value.
How do we achieve this?
Free, No Obligation, Professional Assessment and Estimate.
Fast Response. Same Day Onsite Inspection.
We assure you of Superior Workmanship, which results from our hiring only the Best Plumbers and Foundation Specialists.
We source only the Best Materials and use Effective, Proven Technologies.
Why trust Draincom
We have the best 25 years Worry Free Transferable warranty in the industry.
Fully Licensed & Insured.
DrainCom has more than 800 Homestars and Google reviews with 9.9 mark.
More than 20 years serving Toronto and GTA
We serve Toronto and 50 km around with no extra charges.
8 Main Reasons Why Basements Leak.
- That’s just how they did basement waterproofing back then. Age. More and more houses in Toronto and GTA start to leak as they age. The weather has changed over recent years, and more severe rain storms and floods are making things worse. Traditionally, houses were built with just a damp proofing or without any protection at all. Many older houses don’t even have a weeping tile pipe at the footing.
- Bad construction. Surprisingly, a lot of new homes have leaky basements as well. The main cause of basement leaks in new-build homes is foundation cracks. Poured concrete foundation is stronger and more solid compared to old brick or concrete blocks, but they can begin to crack within the first two – three years.
- Overflowing Window Wells. Every window well should have a proper drain that directs rain water to the weeping tile system. Without proper maintenance, drains get clogged causing water to fill the window well and find its way inside through the window.
- Clogged Weeping Tile Pipe. Foundation drains, more commonly known as the weeping tile pipes that are laid around the footing of the house, are an important part of the basement waterproofing system. Most of the time these pipes are good for 25-30 years but, in some cases they stop working prematurely, especially if tree roots start growing in the area.
- High water table. With normal weather conditions, the water table is much lower than the depth of the basement floors. However, during prolonged heavy rains it could raise up. Nearby constructions sites can also change underground water movements and block some above or below ground streams.
- Failed sump pumps. If your house has a sump pump, it’s the first thing that you should check if you start to experience basement leaks. If the pump stops pumping water it would fill the weeping tile pipe. Sooner or later you’ll see it on the floor of your basement.
- Storm Sewer back up. During heavy rains, city drains sometimes can’t keep up with the volume of water which results in backing up into basements. In some cases, (especially in older Toronto) storm drains aren’t available and basement waterproofing systems still connected to the main sanitary drain (or even a regular sewer) back up, which is a common cause of the leaky basement.
- Improper grading around the house. Improper grading (the angle of the ground next to your home) will result in excessive accumulation of surface waters during the rains. When this happens too close to basement walls, gravity forces the water into your basement. Downspouts that release rainwater from gutters too close to basement walls will also cause a basement leak.
Carl was very professional and competitive with his quote. The crew worked extremely hard and were very professional throughout their work as well. I highly recommend Draincom for their service and competitive costs.
~ Richard, Toronto
I called DrainCom and they quickly responded to my home crisis. They sent out a great plumber, Les, who fixed the problem immediately and made it easy for me to ask the questions I had to better understand what created the water problem. Thanks to Les and DrainCom
~ Shelley Kavanag, Etobicoke
I had 3 plumbing problems in 3 different bathrooms in my house between leaking and no hot water in shower. Les came on the right time and fixed all the problems very professionally and the amazing thing he did it in much less time! Definitely I will use this company again… and ask for Les.
~ Ossama Nosseir, Oakville
I told the estimator, my story and experience, and he told me the problem I am experiencing is common, easy to rectify, and not very costly. He patiently and professionally explained the cause and how to rectify the problem from the INSIDE at a fraction of the cost I was quoted from the others and with much less damage, mess and time.
~ Richard S., Toronto
DrainCom used a camera to look through the pipe for blockages and identified the cause of the back up… TREE ROOTS! He was able to clean out the pipes and showed us the finished product as well. I would highly recommend Draincom and would contact them in the future for any further plumbing/drain services we may require.
~ Marissa, Toronto