Emergency Plumbing Call or Txt416-989-5757
Toronto Waterproofing, Drain & Plumbing Services
Mold growth is highly prevalent in home bathrooms. Mold loves our bathrooms, and this is because bathrooms present an ideal circumstance for mold growth of different types. Bathrooms are compact, small and due to its functionality, always damp.
Just like any other type of fungus, mold requires a particular environment to foster in – a dark and warm place with sufficient oxygen (also means humidity and moisture), mold food (drywall of your bathroom to the cotton in your towels) and mold spores. It may seem impossible to get rid of mold from your bathroom, but if you can control the moisture and humidity levels in your lavatories, you would be able to successfully eradicate mold.
We already know about the causes of bathroom mold growth and the different ways to remove and avert it. The most integral thing that we generally skip talking about is why we shouldn’t allow mold to grow in our homes.
We shouldn’t even wonder why it is important to clean the fungus out of the home. Not only does it make your home look hideous and untidy, but it also comes along with severe health effects. Mold growth in homes just doesn’t affect the aesthetics of the house, it can have serious implications on your health and your family’s.
The most prevalent ill-effect of mold growth in your house is allergies because mold produces allergens that cause sneezing, coughing, rubbing your eyes and generally being miserable. Besides these, mold can have some more serious side effects such as aggravated Asthma symptoms, respiratory infections, skin irritation, health problems for children and so on.
Take a close look at some of the main reasons why mold removal from your home bathroom is absolutely necessary:
Molds can be Poisonous
There are three common types of house molds such as aspergillus, cladosporium and stachybotrys atra (black mold). Most prevalent of the three, Aspergillus very often worsens allergic reactions, Cladosporium is the least hazardous but causes sore throats, watery eyes, and other irritations. Black mould (Stachybotrys Atra) is the most dangerous as black mold spores cause serious health problems – allergic reactions & disease and sometimes, internal bleeding.
Adversely Affects Mental Health
The American Journal of Public Health conducted a study that stated living in a moldy home has a negative effect on mental health. It poses 34-44% higher risk for depression among people living in moldy homes than others who live in mold free homes. Individuals in moldy homes suffer from anguish and a lack of energy.
Negative Impact of Children’s Health
Congestion, respiratory problems, coughing, throat irritation and sneezing are some of the common symptoms of mold exposure. Studies show that children exposed to mold growth can possibly develop respiratory diseases (like Asthma) for a lifetime. In some extreme cases, it may result in infections in the sinuses, lungs, and skin.
Molds Are Not Pet-Friendly
Molds can be seriously dangerous to household pets. Even a minor exposure to mold spore mycotoxins can cause them to suffer from mold poisoning. Some of the symptoms of mold poisoning are respiratory suffering, coughing, wheezing, vomiting, and bleeding from mucous membranes. If your pet doesn’t get timely treatment, the situation can get far worse and result in a serious problem or may prove fatal. If you find out your pet has mold poisoning, ensure to take them to a vet immediately and get rid of the mold as quickly as possible.
It is absolutely alright if all this information scares you. But, fortunately, there is a solution to such problems. The most prevalent reasons for mold growth in bathrooms are hidden leakages and unsuitable ventilation. The plumbing and bathroom repair experts at DrainCom are professionals in fixing both the above problems. Call us today and turn your home mold-free. Say a firm no to molds! The DrainCom team is more than happy to help keep you and your family healthy and safe.